Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Beach Walk

Well, praise the Lord, I have felt better today!  The headache has returned tonight, however.  I have taken my pm's, so I hope that takes care of it at least til I can get to sleep.  Now, take a look at some pictures for today.

Better pictures of the pool on the property


Private cruise company getting ready to dock to pick up some people.

The canal behind the hotel

More of the pool



Boardwalk along the canal behind the hotel.


Lots of "fruit" in the top of that palm!





This farmer's market comes here by the hotel every Wednesday.



That's our hotel in the background center.

A fledgling Osprey.  We saw the parent come to feed it, but it was too quick for me to get the camera ready.


Isn't it pretty?


This begins our beach walk today.....about 2 hours worth.

The observation deck where I took pictures of the osprey nest and the 2 ladies to the left were painting the lagoon.

Around the lagoon is the gulf of Mexico

loving the zoom (60X) on my new camera

This gives you an idea of how far the bird in the photo above was away from us.

These are aquatrikes.






Not sure what these birds are.  I was just thrilled to be able to zoom in on them.

In the bend of the lagoon as we rounded the circle to head toward the gulf.

Look how much distance between us and the gulf!


Our first view of the gulf.


Hard to tell from this picture, but we are standing on about a foot of shells.

Now you can see them!  WOWOW!




Patrolling the beach.

The sand was so white!

And packed solid!





Shells stuck on this bramble from high tide.




These guys were not afraid at all.

Can you see what I see??  Take your eyes straight down from the tan leaf in the middle and you will see him sitting on the edge of the branch. 
These guys were all over the place.

Here comes our hotel shuttle to pick us up after our hike.




We got corn on the cob and mixed fruit at the farmer's market, which we ate for lunch on the balcony.

The corn was delicious.

Yes, he enjoyed it!  :D

So, when Tim eats corn, what is left is a puddle of butter in the plate.

When I eat corn, this is what's left in the plate.  Ever since Tim and I went on the Weight Watchers Points diet back in 2002, I ALWAYS eat my corn WITHOUT butter or salt!  YUM!
This afternoon, while Tim napped, I went out on the balcony to enjoy some time reading.

However, it didn't last very long.  The sun went behind the clouds and the wind was too cool, so I moved my reading inside.

So, tonight we went to First Baptist, the Family church.  It is the only Baptist church on Marco Island.  It was definitely contemporary, which we figured it would be.

After church, we stopped at Sam's Pizza for supper.  Yum!

So, remember the Christmas tree from above?  Here it is lit, but my phone does not take good pictures at night.


 OK, that's our day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So pretty!! Great pics! Glad you're having a good time!