Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Words

Coughing today.  Makes my throat sore.  I'll be glad when all of the creeping crud is gone from our house!  Tim sounds better today and had no problems preaching, but his side that has the pulled muscles from sneezing are still sore.  We are a pathetic mess!  :D
But, we are a happy, pathetic mess, LOL!

Today's photo challenge:  where I sleep

Remember the picture of the Alcoholics Anonymous book I posted a couple of days ago?  Well, this is what I'm doing with it.  Cutting out words and phrases to use in my mixed media projects.  Most of what you see here is what I spent the afternoon doing.  Now I need to figure out some way to organize them so that I can find them quickly when needed.  Below is a couple of cards that I have used words/phrases from this book in making.

Front and back of one card.  The "FORWARD" is a word from the book (actually, the word FOREWARD was changed to FORWARD with a little work).  The verse on the back was typed and printed out then glued on.

Front and back of another card.  "always believe" is a phrase I got from the book.  The back may or may not be finished.  I haven't decided yet.
These cards were made from playing cards.  I glued pieces of torn music to the fronts and backs and then embellished with paint, stamps, words, hearts, washi tape, etc.

So, there you have it!  Some more of my creative "stuff" that probably interests no one but me, LOL!  But, that's OK.

A big thank you to Ilene for treating Tim and I out to lunch today at K&W.  So sweet of her!  We always enjoy her company.

Time for some Bible work and reading.  Nite!

No comments: