Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

#whenartandfaithcollide

I am participating in an online workshop with Stephanie Ackerman, When Art and Faith Collide.  It is a mixed media art workshop.  Here is the first project I have completed:


You can see the snow has begun to melt.  It was around 50 degrees today.  Not much sun, however.  This is the sign I worked on yesterday.  It says, "Failure isn't final for those who begin again with God."  A great sign for the new year!

You can see more grass in this picture.  This was taken around 10:00 this morning, I believe.  The snow is almost gone now.  It is supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow!  It will all be gone, I'm sure!
So, I finally have my follow-up appointment at Digestive Health tomorrow morning.  Tim will stay here to work on the church bulletin.  When I get back, depending on how he is feeling, we will probably go to our regular thrift stores around here.  His back is still messed up today from coughing and sneezing.

Nothing much exciting today.  I did the laundry and I fixed a new recipe that I found via Elisabeth on Facebook.  You mix 1 1/4 cups of water into a packet of stuffing mix.  Stir it until all the water is soaked up and then divide it onto 4 sheets of aluminum foil that you have sprayed with cooking spray.  Add a boneless, skinless chicken breast on top of the stuffing mix.  Salt and pepper the chicken.  Add a bit of shredded cheese.  The next layer called for cauliflower, but I used stir-fry veggies thawed instead.  Add more cheese and cooked bacon chopped up on top.  Seal the foil and bake at 400 for about 40 minutes.  It was pretty good.  I liked that there was no real clean-up since it cooked in the foil pocket!  Tim liked it and that is good enough for me!  :D

OK, done and ready to do some more reading before bed!  Nite!


2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

I am praying for your doctor's appointment!

I love the church sign. We serve an amazing God. His grace amazes me.

Vicky said...

Like I thought. She is pretty sure I have IBS. And she is taking me off the avid reflux med for a week. If the acid reflux comes back I will have to stay on the med. I go back in 6 months. Now to pinpoint what triggers the IBS. She gave me a list of things to avoid.