Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Results are In

So, I finally got back to the doctor for my follow up to the digestive testing I had done.  I had it scheduled for the last week in November, but changed it because I thought I was going to be spending that week with my sister in KY.  So, it was rescheduled for January 3rd.  Then Tim got summoned to jury duty for next week, which is when our FL vacation was originally planned.  So, we had to move vacation to the first week of January because that was the only week we could switch out our hotel credits.  So, once again the doctor appointment had to be rescheduled to today.

The ulcers were small and are healed.  She wants me to go for a week without the acid reflux medicine to see how I do.  If the acid reflux returns, I will have to go back on the medicine continually.  As far as the nausea is concerned, really, 99% of the time when a wave of nausea hits me, it means my bowels are needing to empty and I usually always feel fine afterwards.  She said my symptoms are indicative of IBS, irritable bowel syndrome, and from what I've read I would have to agree with her.  Now, the trick is to figure out what foods trigger it.  She gave me a list of foods most people with IBS need to eliminate.  And, since everyone is different, I will have to figure it out.  I know for sure one thing that rocks the boat is peanuts/peanut butter.  I go back in 6 months, so hopefully I will have it all figured out by that time.

The good thing is that I'm still down 36 lbs. from this time last year.  Now, if I can just figure out how to lose another 40 lbs.!

Today was our thrifting day.  So, after I got back from the doctor, we set out on our thrifting adventure.
That little bit of snow is all that was left this morning.  After the warm day we had today, even that is gone!  We had temps in the 60's today!

It was so warm, we didn't even wear our jackets!

Our lunching place.  I am in LOVE with the loaded Italian sub!
Well, believe it or not, I got this "Alcoholics Anonymous" book to cut word out of it for my mixed media projects!

Found another SMASH book.  The book prices went up at Goodwill on January 1st.  $1.49 for paper backs and $2.49 for hard backs.  It is almost cheaper for me to order books on line from a used book store when they have 40% off and free shipping!
These next 3 pictures were items I found at the Goodwills along the way on vacation.  I got all of these items for $3.99.  A couple of the stamp sets were priced at $12.50 original price!

The next picture will explain the item along the top in this picture.

This is a Martha Stewart stamp mount.  It is acrylic.  These things are pretty expensive!  I've never seen one that had a handle on it like this one.  The idea is to take the glue lying to the right of this block and handle and glue the handle to the block it is sitting on.  However, I decided the handle would be good to use for smaller stamps, so I am going to leave it off.  The lines you see are to help you align lettering straight.  I looked on line to see what this would cost.  One place was selling it for $49.90 + shipping!  OY VEY!  That is RIDICULOUS!!!  It was also being sold on ebay for $11.99 with free shipping!  Still too much!  Anyway, I'd say spending $3.99 for all of the stamps and this was a good deal!


OK, the next photos are from some more playing with settings on my camera this afternoon.
Sunset photo

Back lighting photo.

Another back lighting photo

See how dark the church building is (almost a silhouette) compared to the ones with the back lighting setting?  Notice the difference in the sky colors in the church photos.

I forget the settings on this one.

same

OK, these next ones were playing around with a "color selection" setting.  In other words, the photo is black and white, except for whatever color you tell the camera to pick out and keep.  I hadn't figured out how it works in this photo.  So the entire photo is black and white.
 
The color selection was blue in this one and the rest of the picture is black and white.

The color selection on this one was yellow, obviously.  You can also see some yellow in the grass where the sunshine was hitting it.

The color selection on this one was that green.  So, if you put this photo and the one above together, the fire hydrant is actually yellow and green.

Blue is the color in this one.

This one is a little bit harder to tell until you compare it to the photo below.  Red was the color being picked out.  The leaves are black and white.

This is what the picture without color selection would look like.  You can see the green in these leaves on this one.

More sunset photos


These were taken with the "moon" setting.  Those are contrails not clouds.





Ok.  That's it for today!  Time to read for awhile!  Nite!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

Praise God for answers!!

And I love your pictures. The first one marked Sunset photo is my favorite - while there is a beautiful steeple, the focus is on the sky - I can feel God looking down on His house. <3