Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Our Trip Thus Far.......

January 1, 2017
Left the house at 7:13 p.m. heading out on our vacation to Marco Island, FL.  Our first stop will be to spend the night in Port Wentworth, GA.  We are scheduled to arrive at the Holiday Inn Express around midnight, according to the GPS.

We crossed over into South Carolina at 8:29.  It has been drizzling the whole trip so far.  It was rainy at the house today, too.  We are hoping to eventually drive out of the rain.

We needed ice for the cooler and needed to get some cash for the trip, so we took Tim’s church check to the bank in Walmart and got the ice after we ate at Subway after morning services.

I cleared out all of the snacks from Christmas and brought them with us.  I’m eating crackers and Tim is eating corn chips.  The only thing we have had since lunch is a raspberry jelly filled Krispy Kreme donut.

I brought the laptop so I could journal about the trip instead of waiting til we get home to try to remember everything.  We have been looking forward to a vacation for quite awhile.  Tim wanted to go to Branson, MO last year, but it didn’t work out with me being sick so much of the year.  And, that isn’t a place to go in the winter time!



My lap during travel.

Tomorrow we will be hitting some Goodwill stores in Savannah before we start the second leg of our trip.  We will drive to Gainesville, FL and spend the night.  We plan to hit a few Goodwill stores there, too, before the last leg of the trip down to Marco Island.

We are listening to FM 94.5 WGTK radio, The Answer.  And there is either a   dramatization of Super Man playing or they are playing the sound track from one of the shows.  Never heard that before.  Tim tired of it soon, however and looked for talk radio or music.  YAY!  Found some “Adult Hits” aka Oldies!  :D WRBK 90.3 FM

Bobby led us in 2 hymns tonight, one for as we have left 2016 behind, “Great is Thy Faithfulness,” and one for beginning the new year, “My Faith Looks Up to Thee”

Gas was $2.24 at Walmart today.  Here in SC I just saw it for $2.05.  Hopefully GA will be even cheaper!

Finally drove out of the rain around 10.  We got onto I95 at 10:32.  We have about 90 more miles to go to Savannah, GA.  The temperature when we left Winston was in the 40’s.  It is 63 now.  And the gas is $2.03.  Quite a bit of traffic coming north.  Not too much going south.

Crossed the Savannah River and entered Georgia at 11:42 with 70 degrees!

ETA 11:48 for the hotel!

January 2, 2017
Motherhood began 37 years ago today!  Happy Birthday, Jessica!

Left the hotel at 8:45, crossed the street for gas at Murphy express for $2.09/gal. Headed to the first of 5 Goodwills. Temperature is 72° this morning!


Rough night for me last night.

Great prices on the books at the first goodwill store.  Too bad I’m not finding any on my list!



Our rental car is a Nissan Rogue.  Nice car!

Not many leaves, but still some color in the leaves!



Stopped for lunch around 11:30. Ate at Carey Hilliard's. Good food, great onion rings! On the road again at 12:20. ETA for the hotel in Gainesville FL is 3:48 p.m.  84° and some clouds gathering.
I took some more Tylenol, so I think I will rest while Tim drives.



We are happy when we eat out!  :D

These onion rings were delicious!


That chicken sandwich was really good, and so was the potato salad!  Great place to eat.

Stopped at a Florida information center so Tim could stretch his legs. It is a beautiful day!

Arrived at the Gainesville hotel around 4:15. Gonna rest for awhile.

Tim ended up going to the deli at Walmart for supper and brought it back here along with some Gatorade for me.
 
The Holiday Inn Express we stayed at in Gainesville, FL.  We love the beds of the Holiday Inns.  BUT, we still have to bring our own pillows!







January 3, 2017
Well, I didn't leave the bed except to go to the bathroom and to get a drink and take meds. Poor Tim had to go out for supper by himself. He ended up going to a Walmart deli for chicken and got Gatorade for me. I slept a little more than the night before, but was still up quite a bit to go to the bathroom. Gatorade in and Gatorade out.
We always untuck the sheets!
We left the hotel around 9:30. On the way out, I got some yogurt and Tim got some hot tea. And we did the 2 Goodwills on our list. I didn't really feel like it, but I needed to move around after last night's bed stay.  I sure pray things start looking up. 80° and we are on I 75 headed to our vacation destination. We have clouds and rain off and on.

Stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrell.  Neither Tim nor I were feeling great.  Stomach issues with diarrhea!  WOW!  I’d sure like to know who in the world I/we picked this stuff up from.  We split a lunch plate of chicken salad sandwich, French fries, cole slaw.  I split the sandwich, giving Tim 2/3rd of the chicken salad.  I took 4 of the steak fries and let him have the cole slaw.
 
Not sure who the lady photobombing our picture is!  :D
The view outside the Cracker Barrel.  Love palm trees.

We arrived at the resort around 4:15 this afternoon.  WOW!  What a spectacular place.  We are in a villa.  3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 walk-in closets, nice kitchen, dining and living area.  Screened in balcony.  We were told we would be on the 5th floor, which would have been OK because we would have had a better view of the sunset.  But, that’s OK.
 
The master bedroom

The master bedroom walk-in closet, complete with dresser and safe.

The master bath.  The shower is HUGE!

The master bedroom from another angle.

The living/dining/kitchen area

The other side.  First door is to the master bedroom.

Looking from the living room out to the screened in balcony.

Beautiful kitchen.  We couldn't figure out how to work the coffee maker, LOL!

Another bedroom with 2 twin beds.


So, this is the entryway.  Rotate the picture 90 degrees to the left in your mind.  :D

Another bedroom.  Rotate the picture again.

Another walk in closet

The other bathroom.

The laundry/furnace. Rotate the picture.

The screened in balcony with a view of the pool and an inlet, or something.

Another view of the balcony.

The sun was setting between those trees.

The pool

Another angle of the pool

More of the pool

We walked next door to the Wynn Dixie to get something frozen for dinner (pizza rolls for Tim), yogurt for breakfast plus donuts, water which ended up being sparkling water which we HATE!!!  Also got some lotion Kleenex for my sore nose and some cough drops.

I don’t think I ran fever today, at least!  I’ve mostly been drinking Gatorade and taking Tylenol for the headache from my stuffed up head.  My nose has run like crazy today, especially after I have a coughing fit.  I drove for a couple of hours this afternoon.  The sunshine really made my right eye water and caused me to sneeze bunches.  That helped my nose drain, too!


Well, here’s praying things get better from here out, health-wise!!  I think I will eat some yogurt and then probably go to bed.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry the trip started with you sick!!! Prayers you get better fast! That place is gorgeous!!! Why do you have such a big place???