Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Tree is Gone

Today I worked on taking the Christmas decorations down and storing them away for another year.  I hate putting them up and I hate taking them down, but I enjoy them, so I guess I will continue the hate/love relationship another year!  :D


Now you see it.....

....now you don't.
The box I put the tree into reminds me of a coffin for some reason!  I think I mentioned that I would NEVER buy another pre-lit tree.  Well, today while I was taking the tree down (it is in 3 parts), I got the bright idea (or not) that I would de-light the tree.  Oh my!  I can definitely say that was not a "delight"ful task!  I got the top and middle sections done and decided the bottom section was going to have to stay pre-lighted for now!  It took me all afternoon!  What a mess it made!  Fake needles all over the place!  Sitting on the table in the bottom of the picture are all of the clips and ties that were holding the lights onto the tree branches.  I did so much tugging that none of the strings of lights worked after I got them off!  Oh well!

I played with my camera some today and took these pictures of some of the ornaments and decorations.
I think I posted the finished picture of this before, but took another with the new camera.

Same with this one.

Unfinished ornaments are Hannah and Ryan's.  Mine and Abby's are finished.

This is a beautiful glass ornament given to Tim from one of the members at Buffalo Baptist Church in WV.

I was testing the close-up shots.





This is and always will be my favorite ornament.  Jessica Day gave it to me for Christmas in 2003 after dad had died in March of that year.  Miss him so much!

This is one I made this year.

This angel is made from a mop.  The wings are sewn out of muslin.  The hair is dried moss.  I had made this for my sister.  She was done with it and gave it back to me.  I'm glad she did as mine was ruined at Buffalo, WV.
OK, everything packed up and toted back to the basement and stored in an area near the furnace that will not (hopefully) get wet!

The other photos are some I took today, just playing with different settings on the camera.

A shot across the street in front of the house

I thought the 2 trees made an interesting shot.




A close up of the dog across the field at the neighbor's house.  His name is Odie.

I took this using the "back light" setting.  Otherwise all you would have seen is a silhouette of the pot.
 
Same for this shot.

I changed the setting on these to "snow" from "scene - auto."    I really can't see any difference.



Tim's weather station.



Other than what you see here, today I changed the church sign and took Tim to the hospital pharmacy to get some more melanoma meds.  Last night was another night of throwing blankets in the dryer to heat them up and try to warm Tim up to take the shakes away.  He finally warmed up enough, but couldn't go back to sleep.  Even the Thera-Flu didn't help, other than to warm him up internally.  He ended up down on the recliner with his heating pad for the rest of the night.  On the bright side, he felt better when he got up today.  And the pulled muscles were better........until he coughed and sneezed again this afternoon and strained those muscles again!  Guess he'll sleep on the heating pad again tonight!

I think I will do my daily Bible work, do a little reading and then go to bed.  Nite!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So is Tim sick or is it the melanoma meds or something? I have been struggling with this coughing off and on since Halloween! When it gets bad, I get a muscle thing going on too. Mine is in my chest. It hurts SO bad!!! When I cough, sneeze or even blow my nose, it hurts!!!

Vicky said...

He is sick with a cold or something. I had a head cold that began last Sunday night as we drove to Savannah, GA on the way to FL. I ran a fever on Monday, but started getting better, except for a headache. He came down with "it" or something Friday night. It has been a lot worse for him, if it is the same thing I had. He sneezes and coughs so much that he has pulled some muscles in his back. He has been taking Thera-Flu off and on, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. He has not complained with his chest hurting.