Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 13, 2017

Tuesday Morning on a Friday Morning!

Today I needed to make a trip to Tuesday Morning to get some page protectors for a photo album I am going to do of our vacation last week.  Paying $1.99 instead of $5.99 makes the 20 minute trip worth it.
I got 3 different sizes:  12x12, 8.5x11 and 8x8.  Each one has divided pockets so you can just slip a pretty paper or picture or other embellishment in and you are done.
Now, the problem is, I couldn't leave with JUST the page protectors!  I bought some other journaling cards, etc. to go in the divided pockets.
I spent 2 hours in the scrapbooking aisle!  I ended up putting some of it back because it was going to be more money than I wanted to spend.  Lots of the SMASH book stuff I found was $0.49.

Since Tim and I ate lunch at Arby's yesterday, we were not that hungry to go out for dinner last night, so we went light on lunch (actually, I had a donut for breakfast and nothing else til dinner) so we could eat out tonight.  We went to Ruby Tuesday for our favorite pork chop meal!

Tim's mom told him about My Christmas Shop having succulent plants on sale, so we went to the one in Greensboro, got his plants, ate at Ruby Tuesday and then went to the Farmer's Market so he could look at their plants.  He found a few.  Then we came home and I played outside, in my shirt sleeves, with my camera again.
Sunset setting

Automatic setting

zoomed in to the neighbor's chickens

Crows flying over

zoomed in

A few warm days is all it takes!

The center portion of this tree is totally dead.....hollow.  You can see clear through it.

The portion of the tree that is wrapped around the center is where the life is.  Creepy looking tree.

sunset setting

dusk setting

color selection setting on green

color selection setting on pink, but I see it also picked up the red in the brick.

color selection setting on blue

dusk setting adds a purple tint.  This is the sidewalk/grass.

Same picture, automatic setting

A selfie using the new camera

Moon setting for the Wolf Moon


zoomed in more

zoomed in even more.  LOVE this!
So, did you know that each month the full moon goes by a different name?  Neither did I!  I saw someone post a picture of the Wolf Moon.  I thought maybe it had a reference to this being Friday the 13th, LOL!  Nope!  The Farmer's Almanac talks about it at the link above.  "The Full Moon Names we use in the Almanac come from the Algonquin tribes who lived in regions from New England to Lake Superior. They are the names the Colonial Americans adapted most. Note that each full Moon name was applied to the entire lunar month in which it occurred."  Pretty interesting!

Nite!




3 comments:

jeday0323 said...

I love your pictures! And your last one of the moon is GORGEOUS! I want to learn how to do that. I still haven't. I heard a tripod and setting the timer are the secret tricks.

Vicky said...

No tripod, sweetie! Just a great stabilizer built in, I guess! In my "scene" mode I can set it on "moon" and it works great! And, it wasn't even zoomed in all the way!

jeday0323 said...

What a great camera!! I know you will enjoy it for years to come.