Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Birthday Blessings and Remembrances

Today, as you can imagine, was a bittersweet day!  One of rejoicing in the gift from the Giver of life; another year of life to serve the King of kings.  But it has also been a bit sad to think about my best friend not being able to celebrate with me by going out to eat or just being here.  It was a day spent with family, which I love, even though the most important part of my earthly life is not here.  So tomorrow I begin a new year without my companion.  We would be the same age today and for 2 months and 10 days before Tim would jump a year ahead of me.  But now it doesn't matter.  The only thing that matters to me is that I find the will of God for my life.  I heard this song coming home from Alabama on Friday:

Hillary Scott - Thy Will Lyrics
From the album Love Remains

I'm so confused
I know I heard you loud and clear
So, I followed through
Somehow I ended up here

I don't wanna think
I may never understand
That my broken heart is a part of your plan
When I try to pray
All I got is hurt and these four words

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

I know you're good
But this don't feel good right now
And I know you think
Of things I could never think about

It's hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense
Of all your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that you're God
And I am not
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will

I know you see me
I know you hear me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store

I know you hear me
I know you see me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

Like a child on my knees
All that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

I know you see me
I know you hear me, Lord


Publishing: © 2016 W.B.M. Music Corp. / EKT Publishing, admin. by W.B.M. Music Corp. (SESAC); WB Music Corp. / Thankful For This Music, admin. by WB Music Corp. (ASCAP); Songs of Universal, Inc. / G650 Music/Pure Note Music, admin. by Songs of Universal, Inc. (BMI).

Writer(s): Hillary Scott, Emily Weisband and Bernie Herms

Tim left us 2 months ago today.  I walked into the house on Friday when I returned from my trip to Alabama and looked into the man room.  It still seems unreal that he is not here.  Yes, as the song says, it doesn't feel very good right now, but I know His plans for me are good!  He has taken care of me in so many ways!  He answers prayer every day!  I praise His name for His love and mercy He shows to me every day!  I have never felt forgotten by Him!  Thank You, Lord, for Your love.  Thank You for Your faithfulness!

Today was a wonderful day spent with my girls and their families.  Liz's kids came home with me last night, so they were here for Sunday school.  Then we met Liz and Brad at Zaxby's in Lexington for lunch.  They sang happy birthday to me and Terry had gone out this morning to get cupcakes for the occasion!







Being with my girls always makes me happy!  " A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."  Proverbs 17:22   I'd much rather be joyful than depressed!

There is no picture to this video.  I just had it tuned on to record everyone singing happy birthday to me.  I left the lens cap on the camera.


Pictures taken at church:
Chance and Terry.  Sunglasses needed!


Abby and Araya.  Sweet girls.

Stripes surrounding the solid.  Hannah, Thad and Ryan

My beautiful daughter, Jessica and me.

Thad, Abby, Araya, Ryan, Chance, Hannah

Hannah used to love being carried around by Terry.  Now she is a teenager!  :D

Hannah and Jessica.

Araya loves her cousin, Ryan.

Abby took Hannah's place and lets Terry carry her.

Ryan, Chance, Hannah, Thad and Jessica

Chance and mom

Chance and Dad

Araya and daddy

Beautiful couple!
Jessica and Terry took the bed and dresser from the guest room back to their house today.  They will go in the downstairs where I will be staying with them.  It didn't rain for the first 2 1/2 hours of the trip, but then it rained the rest of the way home.

We begin revival services this week with Brother David Morris.  Everyone is invited!  Hope you can and will make plans to attend if you are in the area!

Have a blessed week!

No comments: