Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fall is in the Air

I spent the last 2 nights with Ilene.  We have become quite close.  The Lord is so gracious to have given us each other to support one another in our widowhood!  And we are very thankful for our dear friend, Carolyn, too!  The Lord has made us buddies besides sisters in the Lord!  I am so thankful to have them both so close!

Yesterday Ilene and I and a couple of other widows from our church went to a Widows' meeting at Damascus Baptist Church near Statesville, NC.  It was a wonderful time of fellowship.  There were 13 widows present, some of them being ladies we met at the Retreat last month.  Linda gave a wonderful devotion and we had a wonderful lunch of Taco soup with cornbread, salad, fruit and apple crisp for dessert.  We left around 1 and got back to the church at approximately 2.

Today Ilene and I slept until 7:45.  I was awake at around 6 to use the bathroom, but I laid back down for awhile, even though I didn't go back to sleep.  We worked on a jig saw puzzle until time for her to leave.  I came on home so I could get some packing done.  I want to try and get as much packing done this week as possible.  I want to take a load to Elisabeth's.

Ilene and I enjoying a green smoothie after lunch.

Fall is here!  Ilene's yard is full of leaves!

This bird was perched in the top of the tree in the front yard out by the road.  Sure was singing a beautiful song!

Not sure what bird this is.  Wasn't close enough for me to get a good look at it.


Zoomed in on this plane.

Zoomed in even closer

A small patch of clouds reflecting the sun as it was setting.

Evidence of fall.....turning and falling leaves.




I didn't see anything at the feeders tonight except the cardinals.








Tomorrow evening begins our Fall Revival services with Brother David Morris.  Thursday - Saturday evenings the services will start at 7:30.  Hope to see you there!

No comments: