Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Remembrance

I left Alabama at a few minutes after 8 this morning (9 our time).  I didn't have too tight of a schedule.  I just knew I needed to be here in time to get the spare room bed made for Jessica, Terry and move the boxes piled in the man cave out so I could open up the couch bed for the kids visit this weekend.  Jessica and Terry are going to a football game and I am watching the kids.  Then Sunday, we will gather to celebrate my birthday with Liz, Brad and kids.

My beautiful, new-to-me car.  Thank you so much, Michael and Jessica!

Ready to roll!

Of course, I had to get a group picture before leaving.

Kara is only 11 years old, but she is almost as tall as Michael and Jessica!
I got home at 5:00 our time.  I made a pit stop at Walmart to get some breakfast food and drinks for Jessica, Terry and family.  I also got a prescription filled that was about ready to run out.
I saw this plant before I left.  I thought maybe Calvin had missed cutting it down when he cut the grass.  But, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it tonight after getting home!  It is a sunflower!  It is from one of the sunflower seeds from the bird feeders that are near by!  It made me a little sad because Tim wanted sunflowers around the house, but it didn't happen this year.

Before I left, the humingbirds had not eaten much from this feeder, so I thought maybe they had already headed south.  So, I'm not sure if they are still around or if that ring of ants doing the dead-man's float are responsible for drinking all of the nectar!  :D

It looks like most of the birds must have flown south because these feeders have hardly been touched!  The cardinals are still around, however!


Looks like they finished stripping the tobacco while I was gone.

When I got home, I found this wedged between the screen door and the inside door.  It is from my Secret Sister for my birthday.

I love Willow Tree figurines!  This one made me cry because of what it stands for!  I have 46 years worth of memories hidden safely in my heart!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: