Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Venturing Out

I woke up at 5:30 this morning.  Tried to go back to sleep.  Finally gave up!  Fixed some coffee, checked my email then got dressed.  By that time, Jessica and Kara were ready to start school.  I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed out to the porch to read my Bible and my Christian Handbook for Widows.  Before I knew it, it was 11:00 and since I had not eaten yet, I had an early lunch of Doritos and a ham sandwich with some dirt pudding on top of everything!  :D

I ventured out on my own today in my new-to-me car.  I figured out how to find Mike's Treasures where there are a ton of books, most being $0.50 each.  However, the only thing I found were a few craft books and some crossword puzzle books for Tim's mom.  Not a single book by my authors!

Jessica, Kara and I left at 4:00 for church.  Jessica had a few things to do at the church and Kara was dropped off early to help get things ready for everyone else who would come later.  After Jessica was done, we met at Bubba Ritos Southwest Grub with some of the ladies from her Bible study group she leads on Wednesday nights.  We left in time to get to the church by 6:00.  Michael goes to a separate Bible study, so he leaves the house later.  The women in the Bible study were very open and sharing their hearts tonight, so we got home later than Michael, too.

My sister sent me a text today and invited me to stay the month of February 2018 with her.  That sounds like a good month to be in Florida!  :D

Enjoy the pictures from today!

It was another gorgeous day today!

Math class.  I don't think we had this option of being so comfy during Algebra!

Full moon tonight, but no reflection in the water

Full Moon out tonight!

School pictures of Abby and Hannah that I stole from Liz's Facebook page.  Ryan's order was incorrect, so his will come later.  Liz told me that Abby always prays that I will be happy without papaw!  That brought tears to my eyes.  I told her I am as happy as I can be without my best friend!

Neat cross in front of Michael and Jessica's church

No comments: