Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Mysterious Ways

Romans  11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

My sweet friend, Terri Morris, wife of the evangelist who is preaching our revival this week, shared an encouraging hymn with me today.

God Moves in a Mysterious Way

God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm.
Deep in unfathomable mines of never-failing skill,
He treasures up His bright designs, and works His sovereign will.
Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take; the clouds ye so much dread
are big with mercy, and shall break in blessings on your head.
Judge not the Lord by feeble sense, but trust Him for His grace;
behind a frowning providence He hides a smiling face.
His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour;
the bud may have a bitter taste, but sweet will be the flower.

I am reminded of the verse, Romans 8:28 which says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  God is working His plan every moment of every day.  He does not have a Plan B!  Plan A is all He needs to accomplish His purpose in all things!  And it is always for our good and His glory!  The phrase "all things" only means one thing.....ALL THINGS.....pertaining to death and life!  ALL THINGS pertaining to heaven and hell!  ALL THINGS!!!  Tim would say that ALL means all and that is all that ALL means!  Including his death.  It is still a mystery at present how his death will work for my good and His glory!  But I believe this verse, therefore I believe the mystery will be revealed in God's timing.

As He works His sovereign will, I must be courageous and trust Him for His grace.  Soon, the bitter taste of Tim's death will bloom into a sweet flower!  A flower to be shared with others.  A flower that will bring glory to God!


Another great message was heard tonight from Brother Morris.  And many friends from sister churches attended, too!  The fellowship afterwards was sweet!  It was going on 10:00 when I got home and all I have to do is cross the parking lot!  :D

The weather was rainy today.  I picked up Terri at 11:30 and we drove to Panera Bread for lunch, but we talked in the car for probably 45 minutes before we actually went in to eat.  And we talked some more in the restaurant.  After we ate, we went to Mega Thrift.  Again, we sat in the car for quite awhile talking!  It was so nice to just sit and talk and share with each other our prayer concerns.  We both found some items in the store.  It was getting fairly late, so I took her back to the hotel and I came back to the house and washed up the skirts I bought and washed my hair and dried and ironed it.  By that time I had maybe 1/2 hour before being picked up to go to Olive Garden with Brother David, Terri, Bobby, Joy and "little" Sharon.

Here are my cloud pictures for today.  I took these with my phone while waiting to be picked up for supper.




Thankfully, most of the rain today happened while we were driving or inside!  Thank You, Lord, for Your protection today and for the great fellowship with my Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

No comments: