Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Time to Paint!

Today was a lazy day with nothing planned except to do some painting and give Michael's financial adviser our decision on my IRA investments for the future.  I don't have a ton of money, but if I use it wisely, it should last me the rest of my days.  It has grown substantially since moving to NC, but we are going to move it into a less aggressive status.  And, especially since I won't be paying rent for awhile.....if ever.....that will help the money to go further!

I will be staying with Jessica through the month of November.  I will be staying with Elisabeth through the month of December.  And today Michael invited me to stay with him through the month of January!  I thank the Lord for my kids!

Today was another gorgeous day!  Not quite so windy as yesterday and a little warmer.  It made for a perfect time of sitting out on the front porch with a cup of coffee and my Bible and my Christian Widow's Handbook, written by a pastor friend, Ron Rumburg.
Look at that sky and lake!

A close-up shot of the lake.


While waiting to Skype with Michael's financial adviser, Jessica and I ran to Walmart real quick to pick up a few things.  Then after lunch, Jessica did some work around the house and Kara and I did some painting.  She painted a cat character for one of her books she is writing.  I decided to do a water scene.  My inspiration was the Art Sherpa YouTube found HERE.
Kara is sketching her's out first.

Here's how my ocean scene turned out.

Kara showing her painting of Lightning.

I love that to do my painting I only needed 3 colors.  However, I didn't have the exact colors, so I had to add a little black to the blue and a little brown to the yellow.  Mine didn't really turn out like the tutorial from the Art Sherpa at all, LOL!

Our work area.
Before supper tonight, we played some more corn hole.  Kara and Michael beat the socks off of Jessica and I!  Then Michael beat the socks off of me after Jessica went inside to start supper and Kara went inside to play on the computer.


The kitties watched, and tried to catch the corn sacks as we tossed them back and forth.



Michael sure was on a roll tonight!  Dad would have called it slop!  :D

More kitty play

After Michael and I finished playing corn hole, I went in and told Kara I was going to take some pictures in the woods if she was interested in going along, so she did.



I love the lighting in this photo!  Plus, I'm all about taking photos from behind!

Granddaddy long legs is hard to see in its web right next to the leaf.

Kara and Shiloh

Shadow and Shiloh lagging behind.

Kara went inside and I stayed out to take some more pictures before supper was ready.
I zoomed in on this sail boat from the front porch.

This is about the size it was to my eyes.

Beautiful coleus leaf coloring


Looking up through the trees at the edge of the woods

A little bit of fall color starting.

A closer shot




We ate a delicious meal of steak, rice and broccoli in front of the TV while watching Jeopardy.

While I was working on this post, Jessica said I needed to check out the reflection of the moon on the lake!  How pretty!  Almost a full moon!
And, the final picture of the day.....dessert before bed!  Jessica said she wanted to make something special for me to celebrate my birthday coming up this Sunday.  I told her I would like some dirt pudding!  She drew a heart in it!  What a sweetie she is!  Happy early birthday to me!  Thank you, Jessica!  It was delicious!

Today Terry texted me that Chance prayed for their supper and he prayed for me.  He said, "Let mamaw live a long, healthy life without papaw!"

Lord, thank You for Your blessings on me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved all your pictures!