Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Scheduled Appointments

Brother David Morris was the last of the scheduled appointments that Tim had taken care of for our church.  It is too bad that he could not be here to enjoy that appointment!  But, the Lord had another scheduled appointment for Tim.  And while I LOVE listening to Brother David's messages, and the revival services were wonderfully uplifting and honored our gracious, supreme God, I am thinking Tim would agree that his appointment with God was even better!

We all have an appointment with God, and it won't be missed and you won't be late!  Hebrews 9:27 says, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."  Are you ready to meet your maker?
This week's sign.
 
I walked outside this morning to fog and the smiling face of the little sunflower under my bird tree!  It reminded me of God's faithfulness!  GREAT is thy faithfulness, Oh God, my Father!  There is NO shadow of turning with thee!  Thou changest NOT, thy compassions they fail NOT!  GREAT is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!  Thank You!!
His mercies are new every morning!

The adult Sunday school teacher, Calvin Russell!  What a wonderful man of God he is!

Brother David Morris, evangelist.

Food for dinner on the grounds after the morning services.

Not too many desserts, which is unusual, but we had plenty!

Chow line!

Brother David and his wife, Terri, me, Joy and her husband, Bobby Smith, who is acting as interim pastor.  Thank You, Lord, for the blessing of Christian friends and church family friends!

It was a blessing to fellowship with this special couple this week!  Thank You, Lord, for Christian friends!  I don't know what I would do without their prayers and encouragement!

Revival week is hard on the flesh!  But it is GREAT for the spirit!  Thank You, Lord, for the renewal we received this week during the revival!  Please continue to bless Brother Morris in his travels as an evangelist.  And bless Terri with your special presence when Brother David is away from her!  We love You, Lord!  And we lift our voice to worship You!  I pray, in the lovely name of Jesus!  AMEN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the sunflower!!! Reads like you've been having great services. :)