Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 22, 2009

June 12, 2009

My DH, Tim, is the most patient man I know on earth! Not only is he patient with me, lol, but he is patient with his blind friend, Anthony. Tim helped Anthony obtain his ham radio operator's license by recording the hundreds and hundreds of questions and answers for Anthony to listen to and learn before taking each test.

Liz, Brad and the kids stopped by the house to spend the night before continuing their trip back home in the morning. We decided to go out and play some putt-putt. Here is Tim showing Anthony how to hold the club. Then Tim would point Anthony and the ball in the right direction towards the hole and let him go! Tim helped him swing the club and hit the ball at first. Anthony did almost as well as we did! Of the 4 of us in our group, he came in 3rd with a score of 47 on 18 holes! Not bad, if you ask me!

Credits: Handmaid Designs "Meadow" quick page from her "Simply" series
Font: Andy

No comments: