Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Picture Catch-Up!

Well, I have been super busy the past week and this week. Last week DH and I had a friend from our previous home in WV staying with us. This week 3 of our grandkids are with us! I will certainly be ready for a vacation after this week! LOL!

Anyway, I haven't been able to do any project 365 layouts for a week, but I told my daughter that I would post some pictures of the grandkids activities for her to look at. So, here we go (captions will be under each picture)........


Saturday, June 13th, 2009

Elisabeth and Ryan before Elisabeth and Brad went to WV without the kids.

We went to Tom A Lex park for a picnic (pre-cooked pizza) and to play on the playground. It was nice in the shade eating lunch, but it was too stinkin' hot to play on the playground. The toys were so hot you couldn't touch them.

Tim was preaching a funeral in WV, so I took the kids to McDonalds for supper and to play in the play area.

My favorite activity of the day......reading bed time stories.
Other activities of the day not shown in pictures:
painting, drawing, spinning, paper tube fights.


Sunday, June 14th, 2009 - no pictures taken (what's up with that!!!???)
Activities during the day:
Church, naps, bean bag war


Monday, June 15th, 2009

Breakfast. I don't remember our kids going through so much milk when they were growing up! These kids drink milk ALL the time! We have already gone through 2 gallons!

While I cleaned up the kitchen, Ryan and Hannah did some art work. Well, actually Hannah is the only one that completed anything, you will see below.

Michael has looked at his baby scrapbook I did of his first year several times. I told him today I needed to work on it some more since he enjoyed it so much.

Ryan helped me throw some wet clothes in the dryer.

Here is Hannah's beautiful art work she finished.

Time to get out of the house! We were wondering what we could do. Hannah said, "I know what we can play" and took off back into the house and came back with the croquet set. But by the time I got it set up, she and Ryan had decided it would be more fun to ride the tricycles.

Hannah and Ryan enjoy starting at the church door on the tricycle, pushing off with their feet down the slightly sloping parking lot, lifting their legs and coasting to a stop! They don't like to take turns sharing the tricycle, however! Unfortunately, the little plastic one that Ryan is on above doesn't work the same for coasting as the tricycle does!

These next pictures were taken at the pool today. Even though it was sprinkling rain and cloudy, it was still pretty warm. I asked the kids if they wanted to go play in the pool and that is all it took to have them drop everything they were doing and get ready to go! The Bolton Park pool is beautiful! A huge pool with a diving tower that has different heights diving boards. A double wading pool for kids 6 and under 3 ft. deep (but Michael stayed with me so I could keep my eye on all 3 kids) and a nice splash pool with water spraying from all kinds of things. The deepest part being 1.5 feet. I will definitely take the kids back again!
The worst thing that happened today was Hannah's boo boo she got before we got in the pool today. She stubbed her flip flop toe and skinned her elbow on the cement. OUCH!!


While I was fixing supper, Hannah and Ryan watched a DVD. Ryan fell asleep about 10 minutes before supper was ready. I thought he wouldn't be in any mood to eat, but he ate pretty well!

Night, night, til tomorrow!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

looks like a good time! Everyone seems to be having fun.

Vicky said...

Yes, for the most part they are having fun and being good!

Anonymous said...

Looks like they're having a blast and I know you are too!!!! So glad you have the opportunity to do this!!!!