Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 22, 2009

June 19, 2009

Another hot day, so back to the pool we go! We stayed for 2 1/2 hours and Ryan cried when we left! They all had pool toes and fingers from the cement.

After we left the pool at 2:30, we rushed home and I got them all in the tub and shower and washed up the last of the clothes so they would all be clean when they went home later tonight. Liz called at 5:00 and said they would be leaving in a few minutes. I finished getting the kid's things packed up and Tim carried it out to the car. Ryan was asleep in no time. Hannah followed shortly after him. I don't think Michael went to sleep, however. They slept for about 1 1/2 hours. We met Liz and Brad in Princeton, WV at 7:30. We loaded the kid's stuff to their truck, talked for a bit, went inside Bob Evans to use the bathroom and get some raspberry tea before getting back on the road to go our separate ways.

It was a good week! But, I am worn out! And the kids were, too! I was worried about how Ryan would do away from mommy so long. It is a good thing Michael was there to occupy him! I think it would have been good for Kara to have been there to play with Hannah. We will have to work on that for the next time!

Credits: Karyn Robinson "Once Upon a Summer" quick page
Font: Andy

No comments: