Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 22, 2009

June 18, 2009

Today, on Tim's day off, we took the kids to a park south of Winston Salem in Salisbury, NC. Dan Nicholas Park was a very nice park! The people at church told us about it last night at church. It would have been better if it had not been so stinkin' hot! :) But, that didn't seem to phase the kids any! It was well worth the money, too! The carousel was $1 each. The train ride was $1 each. The Wildlife Center and Petting Barn totalled $1 each. I think that is all we had to pay for. The 4 pieces of pizza cost $8. The corn dog cost $1.50. The drinks cost about $1.50 each! $15 and I was still hungry, lol! I'm sure Michael was, too! :)

But, the day was enjoyable even thought it was terribly hot! We saved the water splash area for last so the kids could cool off and Tim and I could just sit and watch. I was glad I had taken my umbrella along because there was no shade sitting there watching them! They all fell asleep on the way home and it was only a 1/2 hour trip! I'm sure we will visit there again!

Credits: Karyn Robinson's "Once Upon a Summer" quick page
Font: Andy

No comments: