Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 22, 2009

June 17, 2009

Today is another rainy, dreary day outside. The kids have been pretty good about entertaining themselves while I do my work around the house. Tim hooked up the TV that used to be Michael's and fixed the DVD player to it and they have been watching Popeye and Little Bear and Elmo in Grouchland over and over and over and over again!

To change things up a bit, I decided we would do a craft. So, I pulled out some old T-shirts and turned them wrong side out and put them on the kids. Then I had them paint the wood pieces that I got at the $$ Tree (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that place!!!). We let that dry for several hours. Before bed time, we put a coat of glitter glue over the paint and I cut out the letters for "MY ROOM" for each of them and stuck them in the glitter glue and set them aside to dry. (The finished product is below the layout. I took pictures of each of them and printed and glued them and the frames to the boards later in the week. Turned out pretty cute!)

Credits: Ctia Cunha's "Dreams" quick page"
Font: Andy

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

those are sooo cute. They are hanging on their bedroom doors.

Vicky said...

Good! I'm glad you liked them! I forgot to mention them to you and I wondered if you found them. I couldn't remember exactly what I had done with them.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!!