Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today's weather was even worse than yesterdays with more rain. After breakfast, I got everyone ready to go to the grocery store for more milk and other items. The kids played while I worked in the kitchen.

Today's activities included:
Groceries, TV, running through the house, painting on wood, playing cards, playing on the computer, taking early baths for church, everyone spending the evening in the nursery at church because the scheduled worker did not come, more painting and TV before bed, bedtime story.

Lunch today was waffles. I happened to get in the freezer to put some groceries away and saw them. I bought them for the kids to eat this week and almost forgot all about them!


I decided this was a good day to do a different craft. I got these little boards at the $$ Tree to make plaques for their rooms for Christmas gifts, but that didn't happen. So, I decided it was a good idea for them to do them for themselves. I helped Ryan, but he did a much better job and made more effort than I thought he would. After church we added a layer of glitter glue and prepared foam frames and fixed the letters for "MY ROOM" for all of them. I will take pictures tomorrow and print to put in the frames, which we have not attached yet.

After we finished painting the plaques, Hannah and Ryan laid down to watch Elmo. I gave them baths for church around 2:30. The intention was for them to fall asleep while watching the Elmo DVD, which Ryan did. But not Hannah.

While Hannah and Ryan watched TV, Michael and I played card games. At 3:30 I started working on supper because I was starved!

Before bed, Hannah did some online coloring.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Waffles for lunch?!?! And there was an a lot of syrup in RYan's bowl!! Can't wait to see my kids tomorrow!

Vicky said...

Sure! Why not??!! As much as I love them and have enjoyed having them, I, too, can't wait for you to see your kids! :)

Anonymous said...

You're gonna be bored! You won't know what to do with yourself!