Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 28, 2009

OK, I just posted June 23rd thru June 28th for my project. I hope you enjoy the pages. I do not know what happened this month! I can't keep caught up on anything! Probably had something to do with having company 2 weeks in a row! I just finished the last of the laundry (bedding) from those weeks. I am hoping July will be a better month, but I doubt it because I will be working hot and heavy on VBS stuff! Oh well! Such is life!

We have squash and cucumbers coming out the wazoo! One of the church members has been bringing us squash and cucumbers (shown on towel) and then last night a neighbor brought more to us. It was the strangest thing. He knocked on the door and Tim answered. The guy (30 something, maybe) said he had been watching Tim and knew he was a hard worker or something to that affect and said he wanted to give him some squash and cucumbers (shown on counter). Tim didn't want to offend him, so he took them. Tonight we took his gift to the church members to share, being certain to make the member who gave us the first batch understand that we weren't giving away the veggies he had given us! But, I had to get on the internet to find some squash recipes! And one of the ladies at church said she slices hers and puts them in the freezer. So I will probably do that, too! YUM! Can't wait to try that Squash Lasagna recipe I found today! :)

Credits:
Page elements: Sweet Summertime by me (still in the works)
Journaling doodles: A Doodle A Day - Journaling by Heather Watson

Thanks for stopping by!

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim and I love squash! We just slice it and fry it in butter. YUM! I'd like to see your recipes though!