Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, October 17, 2009

October 12 - 17

Well, I am back from our week in Southeastern West Virginia, Talcott, WV to be exact. Unfortunately, it was not a week that we could arrange to go to/meet our daughter and grandchildren who live in WV. Just not enough hours in the day and they were too far away. But, even though it rained everyday, and it was a cold rain (with the possibility of snow showers today) we had a good week. We arrived between 3:30 and 4:00 on Monday afternoon. The pastor of the church where Tim was preaching the Revival meeting was still in the hospital from where he fell and fractured his hip. So, Bro. and Sis. Thompson were the ones who entertained us all week. She worked on Wednesday and Friday but was able to meet us for supper on those days at least. On the days she didn't work, she went with us on our excursions that Bro. Thompson took us on each day. The only thing we did on Monday was go out to eat for dinner.

And while it was a good week, it is good to be back home in my own bed!

The pages below are in order from Monday through Saturday, today. I will make any further comments if necessary under the date. Under each description I will include the credits for the page.

Monday, October 12th
Credits: Joyce de Jonge, Octobor Mornings Quick Page
Font: Angelina


Tuesday, October 13th
Credits: Diana Burton, Tumble into Fall
Font: Angelina


Wednesday, October 14th
Credits: Diana Burton, Tumble into Fall
Font: Arial


Thursday, October 15th
Credits: Diana Burton, Helianthus
Font - Typical Writer


Friday, October 16th
Credits: Diana Burton, Tumble into Fall
Font: Bickley Script
Other Credits: Diana Burton, Sit Upons
Shown under title and "sitting" on the green ribbon


This page is featuring the patterned papers I created this week for the 2nd week of my designing class at Brownie Scraps. You are looking at a "sneak peek" of them in the title.
Credits:
Vicky Day, Lord of the Harvest for elements and bg paper
Fonts: Big Chump for title, "Sneak Peek"
Bickley Script for journaling

4 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Welcome back!

Hope you found nice weather upon your return home.

Elisabeth said...

so you did get to see Sandstone Falls!! One of my favorite places now! Sorry we didn't get to see you but in a few more weeks....

Anonymous said...

Love the fall pages! Cool cabin.

jessicaday said...

Can you imagine if this was like the old days and you had to stay home and work while Tim traveled? Praise the Lord for letting you be a stay at home wife - life is good!!