Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, October 31, 2009

October 31, 2009

Well, today is a day for celebrations! I posted my 10,000th post at Digitals today! WOOHOO! And that is what my page is about today!

I don't know if we still have birthdays in heaven or not, but today would have been dad's 81st birthday. Happy Birthday, dad, if you are listening! I love and miss you!

Tim and I got back from the outer banks at approx. 11:40 this morning. Actually, we weren't traveling from the outer banks. We were staying in Greenville, NC which is 2 1/2 hours away from here and Greenville is 2 hours away from the ocean. So that means that we live 4 1/2 hours away from the beach which means we live closer to Myrtle Beach than to the outer banks of NC. It took DH only 4 hours to get to Myrtle Beach on Thursday. That is less time than it takes us to get to our nearest child who lives in WV. Anyway, it feels really good to be back home, even though I have had a wonderful week with Susie and Glen and then DH and I have had a fantastic last couple of days.

Plus this is time change weekend so I get one more hour of sleep tonight! YEAH!

Credits:
Maddy Fernandez, Moonflower Madness
Font: Andy

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Congrats on the 10,000th!

I'm sure your dad had a wonderful celebration of his own today - and every day, actually. :)