Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!!!! I guess you can tell it is raining and cold here today! :)
And, of all things, Susie and I planned to get up early so we could go to the beach to capture sunrise pictures. Well, the rainy weather messed that up, but even further, we messed up getting up that early when we didn't have to! After getting up this morning I checked the internet to see when the sunrise was going to happen so we would be sure not to be late! 7:28! WHAT! Not possible!

Since we had plenty of time to kill, we decided to take care of our Bible reading/studies BEFORE going to the beach. At 6:50 we walked out the door. The air was a bit chilly, but not too bad.....til we got to the ocean! The breeze was pretty nippy there! Dawn happened, but the sunrise did not! So we took a few pictures and then left. We went to look for a grocery store while we were out to pick up a few things. Then came back "home." Later, if it keeps on raining so that Glen cannot go golfing, we plan to go to the shopping center close by to "hang out" for something to do.

Credits:
Diana Burton's, "Helianthus"
Font: BernhardTango BT

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hope you have better weather tomorrow. I'd love to see a beautiful sunrise picture. I, myself, never get up that early when I'm at the beach. I always have to see my dad's pictures as proof that it really happened. ;)