Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, October 9, 2009

October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to me! I had a wonderful day today! It started out with Tim fixing me breakfast! At 9 am we left for our adventure of seeking colorful leaves up in the mountains. We first went to Chimney Rock, altitude of 2280 feet. No more color there than here, which was a disappointment! We enjoyed a picnic lunch at a picnic table along the road as we headed out of the park. Next we traveled 1 1/2 hours north to another state park, Mount Mitchell. 6684 altitude with LOTS of color! It was very pretty! We were pleased! On the way home we ate at Bob Evans. We arrived back home at 7 pm. When we got home, we found this beautiful bouquet sitting on the back porch. I thought at first it might be from Jessica because she sent me a bouquet last year. But it was from a couple of the ladies from church. How sweet of them to do this! I got to talk to all of my kids today, too! My sister and brother called, too! Lots of birthday wishes from Facebook friends and Digitals friends. I also got coupons for free digital kits from different places! So, tomorrow I will go shopping! :)

Credits:
Designer: Amanda Thorderson
Kit: Remembering You
Font: Angelina

3 comments:

galani said...

Vicky - sounds like a wonderful birthday! Tim spoiled you rotten and you found your beautiful fall colors (can't wait to see photos)! Lovely flowers from your church ladies, and LOVE the layout! Gorgeous colors!

Happy for you!

Gail

Anonymous said...

How nice for you! Glad you had a great day!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Happy Birthday (late)! I didn't know you were an October Gal, too! It's a shame that we live so far apart or we could celebrate together by spending our birthday "moolah" on one grand shopping spree. I see you've already gone on yours. Mine will need to wait a few more days.