Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, October 24, 2009

October 24, 2009

Another busy day for us today. We left the resort at ~ 10 this morning. Our first stop was AC Moore, Dollar General and a Used But Not Abused thrift store. These 3 stores were in the same shopping center. Next, we headed to the beach to create our "sand witch" as seen in my layout. Then we wanted to find out what time the Pier 14 restaurant opened for breakfast, hoping that we could arrive early enough to get some sunrise pictures from the pier and then eat breakfast there. However, the restaurant is not serving breakfast any longer and doesn't open until 11 a.m. So, I'm not sure what we will be doing to try to get some sunrise pictures. The next item on the agenda was to search for a church to attend tomorrow. We couldn't find anything, so we headed back to the resort to eat our lunch. While there Susie's husband, Glen, looked up churches in the phone book. After lunch we headed out to find the church we had decided upon. After we found it, we came back and went to the main office building where the pools are located and checked them out. On Monday Susie and I will probably hang out at the pool while Glen goes golfing. After we got back in our villa, we (Glen) put the chicken alfredo in the microwave to cook for our supper. It was very good! Tomorrow we will eat Lasagna! YUM!

Credits:
Amanda Thorderson, "From Sea to Shining Sea"
Font: arial

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Very clever "sand witch!"

We usually attend Friendship when we're in the area. Not sure if the pastor is the same one or not now, but he used to live near us in TN before he moved to SC.

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea!