Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, October 2, 2009

October 2, 2009

It was very nice outside today. I took several pictures of the leaves, berries, etc. I also took a picture of these 2 bales of hay that have been sitting in the field next to the house all summer long. They look different depending on the angle you look at them. From far away, they are almost obscure in the hay that has grown up around them. But when you get pretty close to them, they look like they have more of a personality. To me they look forlorn, and like they are wishing someone would do something useful with them. They appear to be waiting for someone to move them. I wonder what will happen to them when it is time to mow again? Can livestock still eat them? Or will they be used for something else? Or will they just be burned or thrown away? I don't know.

What are you doing with your life? Are you just sitting in a "field" somewhere, wasting away and not knowing what is going to happen today, tomorrow, next year? As Christians, we need to be "about the Father's business." And that means different things for different people. God created us all with different talents and abilities so that we could do our work for him in such a way that would bring honor and glory to Him. Are you working away from home? Do it to the best of your ability. Are you raising a family? Make sure you raise them "in the fear and admonition of the Lord." Are you single? Be single to the glory of God! Are you a grandparent? Use your godly influence at every opportunity with your grandkids. Our lives that we live every day are to bring honor and glory to our God. When you are moved from this earthly field to the heavenly field, are you deeds going to bring you rewards and will God be able to say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" or will our deeds all be burned or thrown away because they didn't please Him and didn't bring honor and glory to Him? I know some of my deeds will be burned up. I pray the things I do for Him are pleasing and bring honor to Him, but it is something I have to keep in check every day.

Credits:
Diana Burton, "Autumn Equinox"
Font: Pristina

1 comment:

jessicaday said...

Very thought provoking, Mom! I like the page too.
Missing you!