Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27, 2009

It was cloudy and cool today, but no rain until 8 p.m. Glen, Susie's husband, finally got to golf today. While he golfed, we went to the pool. There wasn't anyone around when we first got there. We went to the inside pool since there was a chill to the air. Then we went to the hot tub for awhile. It is really too hot for me (104 deg.), but since the air was cooler, I sat on the first step in the water and it didn't feel too bad. Then we went back to the inside pool for awhile until we needed to leave to get back for showers before Glen got back. Then we left for dinner at Bob Evans, my treat for repaying Susie and Glen for their kindness in bringing me with them to Myrtle Beach. It has been really nice being with Susie. I guess Glen is surviving! :)

Credits:
Amanda Thorderson, "From Sea to Shining Sea"
Font: BernhardtTango BT

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Ah! Now that's my kind of vacation!

I didn't know you were a poet, too. My, but you are multitalented.

Loved the "toes" picture. :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these pics and poems!!! So glad you had a good time!