Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 28, 2009

Before I begin journaling for today's post, let me "speak" to Karabeth.......
While I do like to create silly poetry, the poetry for de'Feet pages this week has been by my friend, Susie, who is the owner of the second set of toes seen in the pages this week.
Also, in response to our "conversation" about Friendship Baptist that we have attended while here at Myrtle Beach......the current pastor has been there 2 years. He was on staff before the former pastor (whom I assume is the one you were familiar with) died and then became the pastor in his stead. So, it could very well be that you still know this young man. I am "assuming" that he was the assistant pastor, perhaps??

Today's weather was MUCH improved over the weather we had on Monday and Tuesday. We actually saw some sunshine! Lots of clouds, too, but enough sunshine to give Susie and I a nice pinkish red (and kinda touchy) color. There were a few more people milling around the outside pools today. We used some of those noodles to keep us afloat, even though the water is no deeper than 4 feet, but mostly 3 feet. The wind was still a little bit chilly, especially if you were wet and the sun was NOT shining!

Susie and I have had lots of good conversation this week and I realize how much I miss her Christian friendship. I'm so glad Tim (not to mention Glen, Susie's husband) let me come and spend the week with her. Oh, the fun, food and fellowship we have shared!

Tomorrow we will try to capture the sunrise! We at least learned from our experience on Monday that we don't have to get up quite so early tomorrow! And Tim will be here later in the morning to pick me up and we will head back up the coast to the outer banks region of North Carolina.

Thanks much for a wonderful week, Susie and Glen! I love you both!

Credits:
Diana Burton, Helianthus
Font: BernhardTango BT

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

In reply, let me send my kudos to Susie for her poem. It reminds me of the one I did for little Sweet Pea's birthday back in Feb. Sometimes those things just pop into my mind. Perhaps Susie has those moments as well.

Also, Susie, thanks for giving our mutual friend, Vicky, such a lovely week. I've enjoyed the pictures very much. Since I didn't get to have my annual October week at the beach this year (or last, for that matter), may I say that I was happy to have the chance to do it vicariously through the two of you.

Yes, I think the young man was the assistant pastor. I am very sorry to hear that the former pastor has died, but happy to hear of his promotion. I hope the services at Friendship are just as friendly as they used to be.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the page! Too cute!