Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas Movies

This puzzle has been in the works for quite awhile!  But it is finally finished!  1000 pieces!  Several hard places, but weird shapes which helped!



I have to say that I have been enjoying watching Christmas movies with Ilene on the Hallmark channel.  I don't normally watch television because of the "junk" that is on it.  Glad these are decent shows!  Here's Ilene's spot for watching them.  She usually falls asleep.  :D

Today I took Ilene to the Stroke Bridge Center for her follow-up appointment.  The visit ended positively.  The arteries in the back of Ilene's neck are NOT blocked.  The blood flow area is narrowing, but not completely blocked.  That was great news!  But, we still need to work on improving our health (as I sit here munching on Triscuits)!  The Nurse Practitioner told us that aerobic exercise would help.  So next week we are going to check out the Y.  They have an indoor walking "trail."  She also told us that in 3 months, either the Plavix or the aspirin would be cut out of her list of drugs.  Also, Ilene can drive again and can be left alone.  Needless to say, she was excited about the good news!  Thank You, LORD!

Tonight we met at the church at 5:30 for a fellowship meal before the evening service.  It was a great time!    Please pray for our church that the LORD would show us who He wants to be the next pastor of our church.  There are not many prospects out there.

After church Ilene and I cleaned the church building.  We sign up for a month for the cleaning.  And that is rotated through those who sign up and are able.

OK, that's it for me today!  Have a great Thursday!

No comments: