Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 11, 2017

Life in the Fast Lane

What a whirl wind of activities is happening!

Last Week:
Thursday, I went to Salisbury to spend a couple of days with Elisabeth and family.  We ate, played games and Liz and I went shopping in the snow on Saturday.


Saturday, I came back to Winston where we had LOTS more snow than Salisbury had!


Sunday, was still cold and so the snow did not go away, but did begin to melt in the beautiful sunshine!  We did a "test" drive for Ilene this morning who has not driven since before her stroke.  She did just fine.
Beautiful sunshine!

Love the snow on the tree branches.

Driving to church Sunday morning.
Monday begins a week of extra busy-ness!  Ilene and I baked all day today.  Tonight is Mallard Ridge services for her and I am driving to Salisbury to see a Christmas program put on by the Christian School that Hannah, Ryan and Abby attend.  Ryan has a speaking part as narrator tonight, I believe.  I will have to post pictures later.
Beginning the preparations.

Six small loaf pans all ready for the batter to be added.

Mixing up the batter.

The oven is FULL!!

Success!  First of many batches done!

Cooking a glaze to pour over the loaves.

Spreading the glaze.

Well, we decided we liked the larger loaf pan size better, so the rest of the day we made that size.  And taste-tested the others!  :D

Today's late lunch.  Chicken salad on a bed of spinach with red pepper, onion, cheese, egg and bacon bits.  YUM!
We have more loaves to make, which will be made between all of the following activities this week:
Tuesday - Widows' meeting in Statesville
Wednesday - Doctor's appointment for me
Thursday - Doctor's appointment for Ilene
Friday - Ladies' meeting at church

In case I don't get a chance to do any more posting, have a great week!

No comments: