Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Nostalgia, Part 1

Nostalgia was in play at Ilene's today.  However, I packed up some stuff to bring to Elisabeth's today, including the camera, but I forgot the adapter that would allow me to transfer the pictures and videos to my computer.  I tried to set up the wifi setting on my phone, but couldn't get it done.  I'm missing something, so I'll have to wait til I get the instruction book.

We listened to some OLD songs on Ilene's stereo record player.  It was great!  She has some 78's, 33 1/3's and 45's.  Records!  OLD versions of CDs!  I will have to share the videos with you at another time.

We are going to make hers and Buford's annual wine cakes to share with our church family and family members.  And since next week's schedule is jam-packed with stuff to do, we decided it would be best to buy the groceries needed for the cakes today so that when I get back from Elisabeth's this weekend, on Monday we will be able to start right in on the cakes in the morning.

After we got back from the grocery store, we unloaded Ilene's car, put the groceries away and then I loaded my car with the items I was bringing to Elisabeth's for the next couple of days.  When I arrived, Brad was just getting home.  He took a shower and then we headed to Cracker Barrel for supper.



My not-so-healthy meal!  But, it was oh, so good!

After eating, we went to a couple of stores to get some gift cards for a couple of birthday parties Hannah and Ryan will be going to.  We also went through a Christmas light display at a house in Faith, NC.  Abby said, "They are beautiful!"  The pictures are not great since all I had was my phone.  I should ALWAYS take my camera with  me!  Here's a link to a few better pictures of Randall Barger's lights in Faith, NC.  Click HERE.













This is Elisabeth's tree.  It is a real tree and is absolutely beautiful.  I forget what kind of tree she said it was.  Douglas fir, maybe??  Anyway, I couldn't catch the blinking lights all on at the same time with my phone.


When we got home we played a couple of hands of Old Maid before the kids had to go to bed.
Sally eyeing Abby's donut, hoping for crumbs or a bite! 


Abby lost the second game.  Ryan lost the first game.
That's it for me!  Have a great Friday!

No comments: