Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, December 14, 2017

"What Are You Doin'?"

We were up bright and early today because Ilene had an appointment with the Rehabilitation Center for an evaluation to see if she would require physical therapy after her stroke.  She passed everything with flying colors, except for balancing on one foot and crossing one foot in front of the other and standing still.  The physical therapist couldn't believe she was even there.  She gave her some exercises to help strengthen her hips to help with the balancing, but other than that she does not require physical therapy.  Praise the Lord!

After the rehabilitation appointment, we swung by the church to do the weekly cleaning.  Then we went to JC Penney and Bath & Body Works to do some looking around.  I've been looking for a half slip that is 36" long.  The one I have that I got from Walmart years ago is too big since I've lost 55 lbs.  But I have not been able to find another one.  The longest one I've been able to find is 24" long.  I guess I'm going to have to find one on line to order.

After shopping we went to Olive Garden for a soup and salad lunch.  YUMMY!

Next we went grocery shopping at Aldi and Food Lion.  Ilene will be making some more wine cakes and fudge while I am gone to Elisabeth's for Christmas.

This afternoon was so pretty and warm (as long as you were in the sun) that we worked on some bird feed items in our shirt sleeves.  We also took the canning jars I brought from the parsonage and put them in Ilene's shed.

We were going to eat light for supper, but when we began to get hungry we decided to go to Ruby Tuesday's for their Hickory bourbon pork chop, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.  We ate half and brought the other half home.  I had a coupon for buy one get one half off.  I don't mind spending $25 for 4 meals!  :D

After we got back home I started making my cheese ball for the Ladies' meeting tomorrow night, and addressing some Christmas cards.  Then Lori arrived from Hubert, NC to be able to join us for our Ladies' meeting because we are going to reveal our Secret Sisters.

What Are You Doin'?
When we finished getting groceries at Aldi, I got in the car and started it while Ilene took the grocery cart back to the corral.  While I was waiting, I checked my phone and then was interrupted by a commotion happening in the car next to me.  I looked up and Ilene was shutting the passenger door of that same car.  She had mistaken that car for my car and opened the door to get in when the lady in the car said, "What are you doin?"  Immediately Ilene realized the error and said, "I'm sorry!  I got in the wrong car!"  The lady in the car was laughing so hard and  I was laughing so hard and  Ilene was laughing so hard at the incident!  I've never seen Ilene move so quickly as she moved to get away from that car and into her seat in my car!  We were laughing so hard it brought tears to our eyes!  The look on her face was priceless!  What a surprise!

The sunrise was beautiful.  You can see the color beginning to climb over the trees as we were leaving the house.

My riding partner.

Lunch at Olive Garden

Dinner at Ruby Tuesday's

And that is it for our Thursday!  Hope you have a wonderful Friday!