Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Women, Friends, Sisters

Ps 92:1-6

1.  A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
2.  To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
3.  Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.
4.  For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
5.  O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
6.  A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.

Today I am giving thanks for good friends.  Women who are not only friends but sisters in Christ.  Women who, even through deep grief, have known the Lord's loving kindness as each day breaks forth after a lonely night.  Yet, even in the loneliness, He is faithful to hold us in His arms.  And this is what makes us glad, His love, His kindness, His faithfulness.....the works of His hands!  We can triumph through the works of His hands!  Satan has no hold over us as we trust in His loving kindness and faithfulness.  Lost men and women do not understand this!  I am sorry for those who grieve with no hope.  Thank You, Lord, for thy great works wrought in Your loving kindness and faithfulness!
Lori came from Hubert, NC to participate in the Secret Sister reveal party we had last night and she stayed with us all weekend.

In Memory of You
Elisabeth took a bag of Tim's shirts to a lady she works with who has a business on the side called, Sugar Britches.  Click on the name to find out more.  She was able to use Tim's shirts to make keepsakes for the kids.  And they are all signed, Love, Grandpa!  Elisabeth cried as she collected them from her.  How special these will remain all the days of their lives!

"This is a shirt I used to wear. Whenever you hold it, know that I am there." Love, Grandpa
Elisabeth told her:
"Thank you, Sugar Britches, for helping make my dad's memory even sweeter with these Christmas gifts for my kids!"
The "signature" on the back of the bears

They are beautiful!

The "signature" for the floppy-eared bunny is on the ear

They are beautiful!

Have a wonderful Lord's Day!

No comments: