Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Come, Let Us Adore Him!

Adoration!  Worship!  COME!  He alone is worthy!
I was blessed through the Christmas program at Rockwell Christian School last night as they presented, "The Story."  The story of the birth of Jesus, our Savior!

The Story was reiterated today at the Widow's fellowship in Statesville at Damascus Baptist Church where Brother and Sister Dale and Juanita Wallace serve in the pastorate.  The Lord gave them a wonderful vision to minister to widows.  What a blessing they have been to me.  Thank You, LORD, for their ministry!

Juanita's sister, Linda, blessed us with bringing to our remembrance some of those very familiar facts around the birth of Jesus.  (Mt. 1:18-25; Lu. 1:26-2:19)  At one point, Linda reminded us that Mary became a widow, too.  I don't remember that there is anything in the scriptures to make us think her life stopped after Joseph was gone.  I know she must have grieved, but the emphasis was never on the widow, Mary.  Mary is the mother of Jesus, not the widow of Joseph.  Mary's life did not end when Joseph's life ended.  Mary remained a humble handmaid of the Lord for as long as she lived.  That reminded me, too, that I must carry on as a humble handmaid of the Lord, serving Him til the end of my days.  I pray, Lord, that my life brings honor to Your name!

Pictures from the program last night:
Waiting for the program to begin

Ryan was the opening narrator to welcome everyone to the program and join him on the journey!

The group of performers and singers.

After the widows' meeting, Ilene and I dropped the ladies off at home (in separate cars since I drove to the meeting from Elisabeth's).  Then Ilene and Carolyn did some grocery shopping before coming on home.  Then we decided we needed to make our weekly visit to Subway before retiring in front of the TV to watch Christmas shows.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment.  I would covet your prayers.  Remember that Ilene and I came back from Florida a bit quicker than originally planned because my left leg swelled and I wanted to get it checked out.  At the doctor's appointment, if you recall, they did x-rays and decided it was arthritis.  Well, last week the doctor's office contacted me and said that after Baptist Hospital reviewed the x-rays, they think it might be more than arthritis.  I don't know why it took 2 months, but it is what it is and nothing happens by accident.  Anyway, I will be getting more x-rays tomorrow.  Praying Thy will be done, Lord Jesus!

When I get back to the house, Ilene and I will be doing more baking!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: