Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, December 8, 2017

Let It Snow, OH, NO!!

Today we had icey snow, wet snow, freezing rain, and slick roads!  NASTY all day long!  I went out but came back without finishing my plans because of the yuck.  I had to stop and put air in my tires because I got a warning light saying they were too low.  I couldn't get that message on a beautiful day, I guess, LOL!

And as crazy as it was, I let the kids talk me into taking them for ice cream at the corner and then to Five Below so Ryan could find some Christmas present ideas for me.  The only thing I gained from that trip was more calories than I needed!  The snow was pretty coming down, however!  But it was slick!  We had to be rerouted around Faith because of an accident in town.

I did get my camera hooked up correctly to the wifi, I guess, because when I got ready to send my phone pictures to my gmail, there were the ones I took with my camera, too!  I just can't get the ones from the camera that I took before I got the wifi set up.

Here's today's pictures:
Icey snow coming down as I headed out this morning

Snowy

Snow beginning to stick.

Sally would not go off the porch to use the potty because of the snow.  She wouldn't even go out on the deck.

She got excited when everyone got home from school

Playing games with these two

After tonight's trip, we played some more games

Abby's name was drawn this week as the winner for reading.  Hannah photo bombing my picture of Abby's stuffed animals.  The doggy is the one she won this week.  Ryan gave her the bear.

Ryan photo bombing this one

Heavy snow fall this afternoon


The only fall leaves left on the tree.

Tufted Titmouse

Dark-eyed junco

Dark-eyed junco

I was so happy to see the birds this afternoon!  I took my feeders to Ilene's on Thursday.  When I get a chance, I will get them set up under some of her trees so we can watch the birds feed this winter.

Liz and I plan to do some shopping tomorrow, weather permitting!  The play was cancelled at the kids' school and rescheduled for Monday.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: