Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Doctor's Visit

There was no change in the Xrays taken today from the ones taken in October.  The Xrays have been sent off to Baptist Hospital for review and she said I would probably hear something on Friday.  If not, I will call next Monday.

Ilene and I cooked again all day today!  We are tired!  Our backs and feet, especially!  We made fudge today!
Ilene is cooking the fudge.


Then the cooked fudge was added to the marshmallow creme



Then those were stirred together until the marshmallow creme was melted.  Then it is poured into a greased 9x13 pan, which I forgot to get a picture of.  Then she sits it in the fridge until hard enough to slice.

We kept the dishes done up while we baked.


Two perfect wine cakes!
We got 6 good wine cakes baked today and 3 batches of fudge.  2 wine cakes were "bad," meaning we messed up on the ingredients some way or another.  Too much oil, not enough of this or that.  If the cake "falls" after taken out of the oven, Ilene says it is a "sad" cake.  We took one to her daughter's house and we kept one here.  It tasted fine, but definitely isn't as light and fluffy as the "good" wine cakes!

Tomorrow Ilene has a doctor's appointment with the neurologist.  It is a follow-up appointment from her stroke.  Then we will be doing some grocery shopping and other shopping.  We will also stop and clean the church.

Have a blessed Thursday!  Stay warm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUDGE! I've never been able to make real fudge...

Aaron davis said...

Love grandma's fudge