Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Healthier Eating, BAH! HUMBUG!!!

With Ilene needing to watch her cholesterol, we have decided to help one another!  The last couple of times I've had my cholesterol checked it has been high, just not high enough to have to do anything about it.....yet!  Well, it's time I did something about that!  And, with us cooperating and helping one another.......We don't like it, but WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Tonight's meal I cooked using Mrs. Dash's Onion & Herb seasoning and NO oil!  Water simmered everything.  It was delicious.......OR, we were very hungry!  :D
VOILA!

Yesterday afternoon, Calvin (from church) helped me load this plant stand and the desk from the guest room in the parsonage into his truck and he followed Ilene and I home and helped me unload them and bring them into the house.
Doesn't that look nice?!  Tim would be so glad that his beloved plant stand is being put to good use!

It is hard to tell with the Christmas decorations and Ilene standing in front of them, but the whole corner behind her is loaded with  the plants shown in the picture above.  What a difference!
And there's the table/desk from the guest room at the parsonage.  Ilene spotted it when we were there the other day and said that it would be perfect for me to use.  I had forgotten all about it!  It is a piece of furniture that mom had refinished years and years ago!  It used to have a round mirror on "legs" that were screwed onto the top of the desk, but I got rid of the mirror after moving to NC, but I don't remember exactly why.

 
Today began earlier than usual for us.  Ilene needed her van inspected for her new license plate sticker.  So we took it to the dealer in High Point and while we waited they rotated the tires, checked the fluids and did the inspection.  We were there a couple of hours.

After that our plans were to go to the thrifts that Tim and I went to in High Point.  But first, we had lunch at Olive Garden.  We love the soup and salad lunch menu!  (I told Ilene that if she got tired of my picture-taking to let me know!)

Ilene was very tired after we were out all day yesterday.  She went to bed at 9:30!  So I kept asking her how she felt today and to please let me know if she was ready to call it quits on the thrifting!  She did really well!  She is gaining more and more strength day by day.  But I don't want to push her!!

Tomorrow we are going to the stroke clinic.  We have a few questions to ask and I will be recording the answers and the session for Ilene's daughter.  Questions:
1.  Will the medicine (plavix, cholesterol med, aspirin and fish oil) reverse or unclog the blockages in the arteries in the back of her head?
2.  When can she drive?
3.  When can she stay by herself?
4.  What info can you give us about the Life Alert device and do you have them or know where to get them?

I didn't take a picture of the finished product after Ilene's grandkids decorated the Christmas tree on Sunday afternoon.  Do you see "someone" hiding in the tree?



Here's what's hiding.  Not the elf on the shelf, but the elf in the tree!

The parsonage is a little more empty after moving some items over here.  And Calvin cancelled the internet, the heat is turned way down, the water is turned off and the hot water heater is turned down.  I'm so thankful the memories of the last 9 years cannot be turned off or turned down!  I will be talking with the kids during our Christmas gathering about what I should do with everything I won't be able to use now because I'm staying with Ilene.  Do I just go ahead and sell it?  Or do I save it in case I decide to buy a house later on down the road?  Renting a storage unit for an undetermined length of time will get expensive!  I might be able to furnish a house from scratch (and thrift) for what I will be paying in rent for a storage unit.  Decisions, decisions!  Do YOU, my reader, have any suggestions or thoughts on this predicament?

Tomorrow, I will probably make another stop at the parsonage on the way back from the stroke center for more books and the bird feeders.  I heard a chickadee when I went outside this morning to take a couple of letters to the mail box, but I didn't see it.  And yesterday we saw Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal on the railing of the deck.  I will be working on changing my address soon.

Tomorrow will be a busy day, so I will close for now so I can read my Bible before bed.  Have a great Wednesday!


1 comment:

Jules said...

I don't believe Plavix will dissolve the placque in the arteries; it thins the blood so that it can travel around the blockages as well as helping keep the arteries open. Adding Old Fashioned oatmeal to breakfast everyday will help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the good (HDL). You can add sugar free coffee creamer to flavor it - I am fond of vanilla caramel and Italian Sweet Cream.

Stick to boneless, skinless chicken and roasted turkey for meats. Avoid pork at all costs. Eat beef once in awhile if you must. Eat lots of dark, raw fruits and veggies (especially the leafy kind). If you must cook leafy greens, steam don't boil. In fact, steaming is best regardless of the type of veggie it is.

HerbOx is an excellent boullion and seasoning made without salt. You've got to ditch the salt, carbs, and sugar.

There is so much more I could share but don't want to become a bore.