Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 18, 2017

In Memory of Someone Loved

Today was your birthday.  You would have been 63 years old.  We would have gone out to eat to celebrate.  But all of that has changed now that you are in heaven.  There is no time in heaven, therefore you are living one eternal day from now on.  No concerns about growing older.  You are eternal so there is no reason to count the years.  It is hard to imagine!  I don't "know" about that experientially, so I have to believe it by faith.  Thank You, LORD, for the hope of eternity!
Elisabeth honored the memory of her dad on his birthday by purchasing Gideon Bibles for distribution.  He would be thrilled because he was such a great student and teacher of God's Word!  Thank you, Elisabeth!  And, you, too, Jessica, for doing the same thing!



Yesterday Lori, Ilene and I went to lunch after church before Lori headed back to Hubert, NC.  We ate at BreakfasTime.  Lori treated us.  Thank you, Lori and Ally!

The tradition Tim brought to Hillcrest Baptist Church of buying poinsettias in memory or in honor of someone continued this year, even though the one who started it is now counted among those purchased in memory of someone loved.  You are greatly missed, my love!

After church last night, as soon as we got home, Ilene and I changed into our pajamas.  Then Joy, Ilene's daughter, stopped by after she got home from church to take us "on a field trip" to see the Christmas trees at the hospital in Thomasville, NC where Joy works.  So, we changed our clothes again.  The trip was worth it!  They were beautiful!  Thank you, Joy, for our field trip!
Trees lined the entry way.


Ilene and her daughter, Joy, and me.

A view right inside the entrance.
Here's a closer view of some of the trees.  The trees are displayed by some of the area business and individuals.






Today I packed up the car to spend a couple of weeks with Elisabeth and family while they are out of school for the holidays.  Ryan and Hanna drove me around in the dune buggy/four-wheeler.
Working on supper with Elisabeth.



What a beautiful day!  It was about 60 degrees!



Ryan eating his birthday cupcake.  His birthday is today, too.  His papaw always called him his birthday buddy.  Ryan is celebrating without his birthday buddy this year.  :(

The knife set he got.


Hannah and Ryan clowning around



Last but not least, a bed time story for Abby.  Abby woke up with a fever this morning and has not felt well all day.

Have a blessed Tuesday!

No comments: