Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 4, 2017

Romans 8:28

In the last week many things have happened.  Some good.  Some bad.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay with Jessica in November.  Good.
Missed my church family terribly.  Bad.
Missing my time with Jessica and family.  Bad.
Glad to be back with Ilene and my church family.  Good.
Ilene had two mini strokes last week.  Bad.
Ilene shows no after affects from the strokes.  Good.
I've been able to move some of the things out of the parsonage and into Ilene's.  Good.
Found out of the two veins in the back of Ilene's neck, one is 100% blocked and the other is partially blocked and surgery is not an option.  BAD!
Ilene's treatment is as prescribed:  Plavix, cholesterol medicine, aspirin and fish oil (besides all of the vitamins she was already taking).  Praying this is good!
Internet hooked up at Ilene's today.  GOOD!!

Life is full of ups and downs, isn't it?  From our perspective, the downs are bad and the ups are good.  But, from God's perspective, all things are good (Romans 8:28), because God is working all things out in our lives for our good and His glory.  And He's working even in those things that we don't see any good in.  It's surprising, however, that when we truly give thanks in everything, because this IS the will of God for us (1 Thessalonians 5;18), we can find something to be thankful for in whatever circumstance we find ourselves in.  Here's my example from the GOOD and the BAD from this past week in one instance:

Ilene was waiting for  me to return home on Tuesday.  She was watching some television when she noticed she had double vision for about a minute.  When it went away, she thought nothing more of it.  On Wednesday, she invited our friend, Carolyn, over for breakfast.  After breakfast, we were sitting in the living room chatting when Ilene looked at me at one point and I had two heads and I was blurry.  She adjusted her glasses, rubbed her eyes and got up to walk into the kitchen.  She could not walk straight.  She told us what was going on and about the event from the day before with the double vision.  I did not like the sounds of it at all!  All I could think of was my sweet Tim with his double vision because of the cancer in his brain.  I told her I would drive her to the hospital, but she was hesitant.  So, we suggested she call her daughter who works in the medical field.  Her daughter came right over and took her mom to the ER.  On the way there, Ilene became nauseous and vomited several times.

In the mean time, Carolyn and I prayed the Lord would work it out so that the ER staff would take her back immediately instead of making her sit in the waiting room for hours upon hours.  The Lord heard and answered that prayer, Thank You, LORD!  With her symptoms, they coded her purple for stroke.  YIKES!  I never gave that a thought!  But, maybe it is better than cancer, I don't know!

Ilene stayed in the hospital that night to undergo lots of tests and was released the next day with a couple of new prescriptions, but with no apparent side affects other than being tired and feeling weak.  Thank You, LORD!  By Sunday, she was feeling brand new!

Today, when she found out that she had blockages that were inoperable, it was a little worrisome!  But, she knows God is in control.  She would like to live longer, but she said she is ready whenever God sees fit to take her home.  She would see her sweet Buford again!  Thank You, Lord, for the assurance of a home in heaven!  And I thank You that You showed Ilene mercy and grace in the two strokes she had last week!  We don't understand the why, but You know all things, Lord!  I'm thankful You are in control!

Ilene was feeling well enough over the weekend that we worked on the Christmas decorations.
Getting the Christmas storage out of the closet.

Decorating the mantle.  Love the blue lights!

LOVE the Home Interiors Nativity set.  Love the garland, too!

Oh, Christmas Tree.  Josh and Savannah helped her put the ornaments on in the afternoon on Sunday.

Here's my pictures of the "super" moon from last night:
A picture out over the house.

Zoom, zoom.......

ZOOM!
Have I mentioned that I LOVE my camera?!  :D

Have a great day on Tuesday!

No comments: