Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 8, 2019

A Beautiful Sunday!

It was a beautiful day here in NC.  I hope you had a beautiful one, too!  It was warm, but the humidity was low!

I fixed breakfast and we ate on the deck.  I saw movement in my peripheral vision and looked to see some activity in a spider web at the other end of the carport.  The spider was wrapping its victim.



Since the weather was so nice we rode the bike to church tonight.  It was a beautiful ride going.....



.....and coming back.  We had taken jackets in case it cooled off, but it didn't.




The sun was still pretty high in the sky after church.  Fortunately, it was to our backs.



Mark made some fire starters this weekend using cardboard egg cartons, dryer lint and wax that I found at the thrift store last week for $2 a bag.  He wanted to see if they worked, so we packed up some pimento cheese sandwiches, drinks, cards and a table and headed to the fire pit in the woods.








We took Piper with us.  She is always full of nervous energy.  She is constantly looking for something to do.  Mark was going to add this wood to the fire but decided not to.  So, Piper chewed on it instead.  She is our watch dog while we are out there.  She will let us know if an animal (like a coyote or fox) comes near.

I can tell we are going to get lots of use out of the fire pit area.  It was so nice and peaceful out in the woods.  We could hear owls hooting and the crickets chirping.  The fire kept the mosquitoes at bay!

Praying you have a great week!

No comments: