Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Drifting Too Far From The Chores

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I hate  dislike very strongly house work.....can you say, "adult chores?!"  It cuts into my creativity time too much!

Today was one of those days!  You know what I mean.....you are dying (really??) to get your hands dirty (with paint or glue or any number of crafty supplies), but you cannot put off doing the laundry any longer because you need the unmentionables.....or, you have to clean up the kitchen sink because you need something to eat with, or cook with!  HA!  Food is overrated, anyway, said no one ever who wanted to live!

It's a matter of the heart, really, when I thought about it!  I remembered some little ditties about being thankful for life's "messes" because it means you are blessed!  How true it is!  If we were starving because we had no food, we wouldn't be worrying about dirty dishes now, would we?  If we were freezing because we had no clothes, we wouldn't be worrying about dirty laundry now, would we?  I am thankful for God's abundant blessings to me!  MUCH more than I deserve!

So, today, I started out slow on the chores, but I ended with gusto!  Thank You, LORD!

Thank God For Dirty Dishes
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well.
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us.
by Mary Stuber

A yummy supper...
sweet potato and pork chop

Supper clean up

Yesterday's dishes


I'm Thankful For...
Laundry because it means that my family has clothes to wear.
Dishes because it means that my family has food to eat.
Bills because it means that we have financial provisions.
Making beds because it means we have a warm, soft place to rest at night.
Dusting because it means we have furniture to enjoy.
Vacuuming because it means we have a home to care for.
Picking up toys because it means I have children to bring joy into my life.
Author is unknown

Laundry

I am thankful for my washer and dryer!
I'm also thankful for running water in the house
so I don't have to run to the creek for water
to do the daily chores!


Today I had a dentist appointment to finish a root canal on my front tooth next to the gap you've seen in my pictures.  I was also given an appointment on September 17 to finish the implant process.  HALLELUJAH!!!  It's only been 9 months, for crying out loud!  I'm so tired of gumming everything to death when I eat!  The doctor gave me a prescription just in case there ended up being infection.  I pray not!!!

Also, I heard from my sister in Florida.  She is fine!  She actually gets to return to work tomorrow!  This morning when I asked her how it was going she said, "Just fine.  According to projections the cone is in some of the Carolinas.  It finally is moving again at 1 mile per hour.  Projection is about 45 miles off shore if it doesn't turn.  Down now to a category 3 with 120 mile per hour winds."  Thank you all for your prayers on her behalf!  None of us are safe without the Lord's protection!

Good night!  I'm thankful for my bed, even though I don't sleep well most nights!  At least I have a place to lay my head!  Thank You, Lord!

No comments: