Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Road Trip

Friday,  September 27, 2019
Slept in till 9:30. Packed for our bike trip to Myrtle Beach to visit Allen and Jase,  Mark's  son and grandson for the weekend.



Left the house at 11:45 and stopped in Thomasville for lunch at Zaxby's.



12:34 on the road again.  The route includes traveling 109 to 64 to 73/74/220 to 38 to 501 which will take us into Conway,  SC, where the hotel is.

Clouds as we left Thomasville, NC.

I thought it might rain on us for a little while,  but the further we went the hotter it got!  We would have welcomed the rain!!



We stopped at 1:50 for gas, potty and to stretch our legs and take our helmets off to cool down.  One thing about traveling the highway instead of back roads is the heat from the pavement with lots of cars traveling and no shade to speak of!

At 2:12 we crossed into South Carolina.  I Started noticing the cotton fields and thought about mom. She had to help cotton when she was a girl living in Mississippi.  She said it was the hottest job, "in them old cotton fields back home!"  I can believe it!




 And we arrived at the hotel (Econolodge) at 4.  The trip was about 193 miles in the heat. We cranked the AC as cold as possible and took off our socks and shoes and stretched out on the bed to cool off until time to leave for Allen's where we had a grilled dinner!


Allen and Jase.

After we got back to the hotel we played cards.

Saturday, September 28th
We met Allen and Jase at the parking lot near Pier 14.  Allen wanted to take Jase out on the pier before we went into the restaurant to eat.  The breeze was very enjoyable!






The Pier 14 Restaurant where we ate.



Grandson, dad and granddad.

I'm not sure what the purpose of these signs were, but I like sign posts like this.


Allen's girlfriend, Brittany, met us for lunch.

After lunch Allen took Jase to the Arcade a couple of blocks away.



On the way back to the hotel we looked up the Whittemore Park that was showing on the map near the church we had picked to go to on Sunday.  We didn't find the park, but we did find a street sign.

The sunset I captured when we went out for supper.


Sunday, September 29th
We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning 6 - 9 a.m.  They had fruit, bagles, bread, cereal, juice, coffee, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, muffins.

We checked out of the hotel as we headed less than 3 miles to church.

The church was located in a strip mall in one of the store fronts.  Good message from the pastor.

At 12:15 we were on our way home.

It was a HOT trip home!  95 degrees!  When we stopped at the Sunoco where we stopped on Friday, we went into the Hardees so I could cool down.  I was too hot to get anything to eat, but Mark ate.  It took me a half an hour to cool down.

The only reprieve we got from the heat is when the sun went behind clouds.  But the reprieve only lasted a couple of minutes or less, unfortunately!

We got back home at 4:05.  I had developed a nice headache, so Mark said he would bring everything in from the bike while I took some tylenol and put on my pajamas, turned on the fan and laid down on the bed to cool off and try to get rid of the headache.  I was pleasantly surprised the headache went away fairly quickly and I cooled off pretty quickly, too!  Then I got up after about 45 minutes, fixed something to eat and got ready for church.  We rode the bike to church.  It was MUCH more pleasant a trip on the way home after church!

The skies looked like rain and felt like rain....but we got no rain.


So, we had a nice weekend!  Total miles traveled amounted to 488.  But it is  nice to be home where I am sure we will enjoy being in our own bed tonight!  Thank You, LORD, for safety as we traveled and for a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

I just noticed you cut your hair - I absolutely love it!

Vicky said...

Thanks, sweetie!