Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, September 6, 2019

Comfort Defined

How do you define comfort?  The dictionary defines comfort as a state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint, like things that contribute to physical ease and well-being; or having prosperity and the pleasant lifestyle secured by it.  Comfort is also when someone receives the easing or alleviation of feelings of grief or distress either from a person or thing that helps to alleviate a difficult situation.  Comfort is also a warm quilt.  There are many things that can console us and ease our grief or distress; or improve our mood or restore a sense of well-being.  What gives you comfort?  I believe everyone can define it differently.  And different sorts of comfort are needed at different times.  Sometimes you want to be alone.  Sometimes you want the company of a good friend.  Sometimes you want to eat!  That is me....eat, eat, eat!

For any circumstance in the life of a Christian, we have a special Comfort with us all the time!  Jesus told His disciples in John 14:16, 17 - "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."  And the more we trust Him in all circumstances, the stronger the Comfort is within us because we are allowing Him to be our God of all Comfort!!  And He sends those special people at different times to help comfort us, too!

Speaking of comfort.....I would say Asher is pretty comfortable.  If I am sitting down, he thinks he is supposed to be in my lap!  Even though he has a perfectly comfortable spot you can see in the upper corner of the picture.  If I'm working on my computer, he has no choice but to go to his spot.....or Mark's chair.




Yesterday I picked Jaxon up from day care after school.  He loves to play games.  We played a fish bowl game, Candyland and Trouble.  I taught him how to play Trouble the last time he was at the house.  He remembered how to play and did a great job!




Today, while Mark was off, he went to the fire pit area and did some work while I worked on getting some groceries and getting ready for the Ladies' meeting tonight.  He made a couple of benches.  They need some tweaking, but they look nice!


This picture came up in my Facebook memories today.  I hardly recognize myself!  It is a picture from 5 years ago when my sister, who lives in Florida, came to spend a week with me.  We love playing crossword puzzle games.  This gigantic Scrabble board is on a lazy Susan swivel that we found at the thrift store for $5.

Before I close I want to wish a special person a very Happy Birthday since she will not see this until tomorrow, Saturday, Sept. 7th.  Happy Birthday, Jeanne, my forever mother-in-law!  I pray you have a marvelous day!  I love you!

No comments: