Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Training Up A Child

I LOVE seeing children in our church!  We don't have any young families, so mostly the children we have attending off and on are grandchildren coming with their grandparents.  We had one of ours with us today, too!

The admonition in Proverbs 22:6 to train up a child in the way he should go is not just for parents.  I believe that godly grandparents need to also do the training every opportunity they get to spend time with their grandchildren.  What better way to continue the training of the parents!  What if the training is not happening at home with the parents?  Then, definitely, godly grandparents need to give godly training as often as possible!

So, this sight at church today was such a blessing!  Joy, Sharon and Bobby sang a special and baby Ellie joined them.  She is normally quite talkative, but she didn't make a sound.  She just grinned!



We taught Noah how to play "A Different Kind of Rummy" this weekend.  Of course, he had "beginner's luck" and beat the snot out of us!  We had a couple of more hands before he actually won, but we knew we were not going to catch him, so we gave him the game and went to Dairi-O for some ice cream before church.  I hated that we went after we got there because they did not have any sugar free ice cream that Mark could have, even though the older menu we had at the house said they did.  So he ended up with ice water while I enjoyed pumpkin spice praline pecan and Noah had chocolate.  I felt bad eating it in front of Mark!  I offered him some of mine, but he said it would just make him want more, so he didn't eat any, which I know was hard for him to do!

And that was our Sunday.  We have a BUSY week ahead!  Tuesday, FINALLY, Lord willing, I get my teeth!  Plus that night we are going to a special meeting at the Wayside Baptist Church in Lexington.  Thursday - Saturday we are having Revival services.  If you live close enough, we would LOVE to have you come!
Have a wonderful week!

No comments: