Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 23, 2019

Revival

It was a busy week last week, ending with a wonderful Sunday!  We had our Fall revival.  Instead of having one preacher for all of the services, we had a different preacher for each service.  Thursday was David Morris, Friday was Dale Wallace, Saturday was Nathan McKenney and today was Tim James.  Wonderful messages inspiring us Christians to love and serve God and not forget who we are in Christ and reminding us where we could be if He had not allowed His son to die on the cross for our sins.

Revival is for Christians.  Christians need revived from time to time.  We get so wrapped up in ourselves that we forget our first love...Jesus!  When that happens we start living for ourselves instead of living for Jesus.

Revival is not for the lost.  You cannot revive someone who is dead.  Lost sinners are dead in trespasses and sins.  Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death....."  And unless God does something, you remain dead.  Speaking to the Christians in the church at Ephesus, Paul said in Ephesians 2:1, "And you He made alive, who WERE dead in trespasses and sins."  God makes us alive.  That is when we realize we are sinners, hopeless and helpless, and repent of our sins and turn to Jesus for salvation.  Thank You, God!

Today, after the preaching, we gathered in the Fellowship Hall for a soup lunch.  After we got lunch cleaned up we came home and waited to hear from Bobby and Joy because we had plans to ride to Liberty, NC, about 45 minutes away.  Our purpose for going there was to see the oldest Baptist church in America, Sandy Creek Baptist Church.  You can read about it HERE.

Joy and Bobby following us.
 


Slave balcony (?)


The Primitive Baptists still have services here once a month.

Bobby standing in the pulpit area.









The stairs up to the balcony area were VERY narrow!
And straight up!








Monuments giving the history.












We stopped at Ruby Tuesday in Thomasville for supper.

We got home at 7:55.  Mark and I played cards on the deck
since the evening had cooled down nicely after a hot day!
Asher only likes being on the porch for a little while,
especially if he can't sit in your lap!


We had a visitor.



Thank You, Lord, for a good week!




No comments: