Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

A Woman's Work is Never Done!

I have decided that  the reason a woman's work is never done is because she can't leave well enough alone!  You may remember the wall of books I packed into my craft shed?  Well, I mentioned moving a lot of the books to the church to share with the ladies of the church since I am not reading them.  So, that left me to rearrange the shelves.....again!  These shelves are only 4" wide, so the larger books don't fit very nicely.  I moved mom's 6' book shelf from one of the other sheds and put some of the larger Christian fiction books in it.  But, I still have quite a few over-sized books to deal with, most of them being Bible studies, devotionals, etc.  I worked on the rearrangement all afternoon and into the evening.  I'll show more pictures when I get finished.



It was about 8 o'clock before Mark finished adding the additional ten tiki torches to the fire pit and play area.  We added 2 lanterns, but they really don't give off any more light than the tiki's do.  So, we are going to get a Coleman lantern or two.  He came to the house and we took some hot dogs, bread and mustard and a grill fork and drinks to the fire pit to roast the hot dogs.  Boy, were they ever good!


This is currently my favorite tea to buy from the grocery store.  It comes in gallons and is half the price of the sweet tea you get at some of the fast food places.  I will be spending the weekend at Jessica's to care for the kids while she and Terry takes a trip, so I gave her my order.  :D

That's it for me today!  Enjoy your Wednesday!  Thank You, LORD, for all we were able to accomplish today!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

"Women's work is never done because she won't leave well enough alone" - that cracked me up! How true!