Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 2, 2019

Our Labor Day

We had no plans today, other than attending a church service in the evening.  Mark took a couple of the bikes to the car wash to wash them, but other than that we basically did nothing.  It was very hot today, but at least the humidity was fairly low.  Even though it was hot, it was a beautiful day.  We rode the bike to the church service in Lexington.  They served dinner for everyone.  Soups, sandwiches and desserts.

Mark grilled hamburgers on the grill while I baked some more corn for our lunch.  I don't think I will ever again fix corn the way I used to!






This being a holiday will throw me off day-wise the rest of the week.  Hope you have a great week!

For those of you who may be curious, I contacted my sister, Kim, in FL tonight to see what her weather status was.  I'm sure she has boarded up her windows.  So far she is OK.  They have rain with a little wind.  The Lord is our Safety! Please pray with me for her safety, and her daughter and family.  Thank you!

No comments: