Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009

Every day we get closer to Spring brings more and more beautiful coloring from the new blossoms around town! The daffodils at church add more blooms each day, too! But, alas! Cooler temperatures are returning! Not freezing, but much cooler! Like 40 degrees cooler! YIKES! High expected of 38 on Friday or Saturday! But, I'm not complaining! It is still winter, you know! Here is a wonderful poem to help us remember that Winter won't be here forever!

Today's Joy
Was Born Of Yesterday's Sorrow

Who said the "darkness of the night"
Would never turn to day ...
Who said the "winter's bleakness"
Would never pass away ...

Who said the fog would never lift
And let the sunshine through ...
Who said the skies now overcast
Would nevermore be blue ...

Why should we ever entertain
These thoughts so dark and grim
And let the brightness of our mind
Grow cynical and dim ...

When we know beyond all questioning
That winter turns to spring ...
And on the notes of sorrow
New songs are made to sing ...

For no one sheds a teardrop
Or suffers loss in vain,
For God is always there to turn
Our losses into gain.

And every burden born TODAY
And every present sorrow
Are but God's happy harbingers
Of a joyous, bright TOMORROW!

~ Helen Steiner Rice ~

To create today's page, I used Maddy Fernandez' "Pearly Shells Page Kit" found HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO pretty!!!

Vicky said...

Thanks, Stephanie!