Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009

Welcome to Friday 13th! I hope your day has been as blessed as mine has. If for no other reason than you were able to get out of bed, or that you are still breathing! I hope and pray that you did not let the date keep you from doing anything you normally do on Friday. I dwell a bit more on the superstitions of Friday 13ths on my Days of Praise blog. The link is at the top of this page. Why don't you take a look and leave me a comment to let me know you read it.

Friday 13th is what my page is about today, sort of. Or maybe better would be what we should do for today instead of what some people dwell on. I'm not going to take the time to re-hash everything. Go to my other blog. I spent a lot of time writing it.

Today's page was made using Amanda Thorderson's "Eden" kit found HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I might steal that slogan for our sign the next time I change it!

Vicky said...

So you got the job, eh? Sure thing! Help yourself!